Refuge is the name of the music ministry at the Sanctuary, and consist of a worship team, and a band.
Refuge brings a contemporary worship style and heart felt music to the Sanctuary. The heart of this ministry is worship. We believe that to find worship and to experience God’s presence, we must first
find the heartbeat of Jesus. He is always there, calling us and inviting us to worship a loving, caring, an awesome God that desires to have a deeper and stronger relationship with Him. James 4:8 simply says this:
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. It is this minstries goal and passion to get this message across in everything that we do. To draw near to Jesus, you have to pursue Him with all of your heart, soul, and mind.
Our life verse comes out of Jeremiah 29:13, “You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all of your heart.” Worship just isn’t a song or bright lights or music that sounds moves you. Worship is a lifestyle! It’s something that we have to strive for and seek after every day.
Tech Arts is our sound and media team here at the Sanctuary.
It is broken up into two sections. Sound and Media. The sound team mixes the service and makes sure that everything is running properly and efficiently for the service each and every week. The Media side runs anything and everything that has to do with the visual and audio experience. These two parts come together and form what we like to call Tech Arts. It is an exciting new ministry here at the Sanctuary, and we have room to not only grow, but work together with new cutting edge audio and video software. If you are tech savvy or like to work with video software. This is the place to be.
How to I become a part of Refuge or the Tech Arts Team?
Contact the worship pastor: Michael Williams
- You must have attended the Sanctuary for at least 3 months, and are actively seeking membership.
- You must live for Jesus not only at church but in everything you do outside of church. Your actions reflect not just the individual, but your church and your team.
- You will be required to have a brief audition for whatever position you are seeking to be a part of whether it be vocal, instrumental or media.
- You will have a brief interview with the worship pastors and team members.
- Leading worship in any capacity is a calling, make sure that this is something that you are called to be a part of.
- You have to be willing to make a commitment to the team and to practice every week.
(If you love Jesus, and you love to worship, and you want to a part of this team, then Refuge is for you. We can’t wait for you to be a part)